Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape neurotic Iraqi wife: Off to Baghdad...

neurotic Iraqi wife

October 06, 2006

Off to Baghdad...

Well this is gonna be my last post from the "Civilized" World. Wish me luck. As you can see, I set up Paypal donate for Amira's plea. I really hope it works. Thanx to all of you who emailed and left comments, I really appreciate your input and advice. Thanx again. I feel kinda strange setting something like that up, but its for a good cause. I also know that it will take alot of trust from people to actually donate, since you dont know me, but this is by no means an obligation. Its just something that I thought we can do to help Amira and her sister E. I have emailed her papers to the NGO, so together with us, I hope the right amount will be collected.

I promise that once I get settled down in the Green Zone, I will write and tell you how things are over there. First hurdle we have to get through is the dangerous road from BIAP to the GZ. Although its a short drive, but I read that there were mortars and rockets, when Rice was in the air. Oh well, as they say allah il hafudh (God is the protector).

I still have to pack my bag....UGHHHHHH....You know, I thought about this, since Ive been living out of suitcases for the past 2 years, why bother get bags. I should from now on get boxes. Seriously. Just dump my life there. My pink trainers, shabby jeans oh and my funny slogan tshirts which I love. The rest I can live without. HUBBY is quite a lucky guy, dont you think so??? Im a very cheap date. You can please me with just a coffee and a pack of cigarettes, what more can a guy ask for... hmmm...

Anyhow, Im gonna leave you all in peace, and just incase I dont make it, (not being pessimistic, just realistic), I wanna thank all of you, every single one of you who supported me during the 2 years I have been blogging. Thank you for being there for me, thank you for listening to my rants and thanx for bearing with me. I know at times I became a real pain in the A**, yet you guys were still there. THANK YOU...And I do mean it from the bottom of my heart...

Last night I stumbled upon this funny cartoon, which made me smile, I hope it will add a smile to your faces too... This is, by no means a farewell, just a see you soon. Im off now, off to Baghdad...


MySpace

MySpace

PS: I tried setting paypal anonymously, but just couldnt so had to use my blog name. If anyone knows how I can change it to anon, please tell me. Also when I tried to donate, it didnt give me the option country of UAE, Thats where I have my bank account, does anyone know why???Maybe I will use HUBBY's instead, hehe...And I set up a new email just for the fund. neuroticiraqiwife@yahoo.com

posted by neurotic_wife at 10:21 AM

14 Comments:

Good luck NIW. Allah yikoun ma3ek ou ma3 Hubby. I admire what you're doing. Take care and keep us posted.

October 6, 2006 at 11:22 PM  

Good luck, I still think you are crazy.

Oh, and you should give up smoking, its bad for your health. :)

October 7, 2006 at 2:07 AM  

NIW,

Welcome to Iraq again...

I agree with realist, you still young and beautiful, so please try to quit smoking, try the hubble bubble instead it is nickoteen-less...

I can hardly wait to hear from you again.

October 7, 2006 at 8:07 AM  

NIW;

My prayers are with you.

You have more courage in a fingernail clipping than my entire family.

Keep the faith!

October 7, 2006 at 9:01 AM  

Best of luck. I look forward to your blogs from Iraq. Senator Warner(R) yesterday indicated we need a change in policy, breaking from Bush. He gave a 2-3 month timetable for the president of Iraq to disband the militias. (inpossible?) Then ultimatiums and action. James Baker is also set to release his bipartisan findings by then to extracate us from the Iraq fiasco. (Woodwards book says Baker was proposed to replace Rumsfeld by Andy Card. I finally sense that a withdrawal of troops is coming sooner versus later. Sally

October 7, 2006 at 10:30 AM  

Best of luck, NIW, and be safe. I hope that we hear from you very soon so we can be sure that you are ok.

For Anonymous who is wrote about withdrawing from Iraq: why don't you just keep your dream on?? why three months? why not now? didn't all reports indicated that part of the problem in Iraq is because of the invasion? and the way that invasion ran the country post-Saddam?
Are you giving some kind of hope?? both Iraqi and American people are getting killed in Iraq, so why the wait? civil war? it is already started and the US forces just watch from a distance.
I am not talking about my own opinion, this is everyone's opinion, well lets say most of the people.

October 7, 2006 at 4:26 PM  

wish you the bests of luck, take care, and keep us posted!

October 8, 2006 at 12:25 AM  

1) It is important to support
"hubby" ... there are times
when a wife can adopt a traditional role of support in a marriage and this was one of them.
There will be many years ahead where your husband will accomadate
your wishes

2)Maliki government has never called for immediate withdrawal of US forces ... be careful what you wish for ... Suppose 20,000
More Saddam supporters are armed
and waiting to stream into Baghdad
the day after US Forces leave...
how much Bloodshed will then ensue.

Maliki seems like a reasonable man ... this new government should be supported ... should tactics change??? ... well that will be up to
the interior ministry and defense
ministries ... and be decided with
the US counterparts.
The current government has only been in office 6 months ... it needs a chance
to adopt and change strategies
on its own with the support of the people.

October 8, 2006 at 7:01 AM  

I can't believe you are actually going through with this. (Does anyone really listen to their mothers!!) But admire you all the same. With your other blog readers I pray for protection and safety for both you and your hubby and will look forward to hearing from you shortly.

October 8, 2006 at 7:03 AM  

British paper reports James Baker group will recommend splitting Iraq in 3. Malaki government also rumored to possibly be gone by Christmas.

October 9, 2006 at 8:24 AM  

Best wishes for you and your husband in Iraq. Please post when you are able and may God protect you both.

Dwitt

October 10, 2006 at 4:41 AM  

God speed and success Neurotica. I know you will make there and back. your to tough to just die on us.

October 10, 2006 at 7:57 AM  

Neurotica....

Wishing you the best-est of luck, DON'T go out the G.Z.
and finally,
WHY DID YOU CHANGE THE TEMPLATE? IT WAS soooooooooooooo much better. come on, l-khatri, I know u worked hard for this to come out right, but the colors don't fit u, you are much livelier than autumn-themed colors.

and p.s. my pops is going to the G.Z. Sunday, maybe u can meet him.

October 10, 2006 at 3:53 PM  

Welcome home :), stopped fasting today ?

October 11, 2006 at 2:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home