Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape neurotic Iraqi wife: Flying To The Moon......

neurotic Iraqi wife

January 26, 2005

Flying To The Moon......

"Tomorrow you have a day off".Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaay. The relief when my boss uttered these words. Finally after working for every single day since the 2nd of January, no weekends,no Eid vacation, nuthin, I get to spend it BLOGGING.....yippeeee. It was all work work work, and BTW I aint complaining. Infact today I felt pretty weird for not waking up early in the morning and not going to work. I have to say that working with an International Organisation that is involved in the Iraqi elections is pretty interesting and very educational at the same time.

The registration period has ended yesterday, and the polling starts on the 28th through the 30th of January for all of us living outside Iraq. Im making sure that I will be the first voter, just like I was the first registrant in my residing country. The feeling of euphoria, standing there waiting for the queue controllers to usher me in was beyond any feeling I felt before. Everyone stood there clapping as I made my way through to the registration station. My eyes watered, for that day was the first day ever I felt I have a voice in my own country's future.

Its sad that not many people think that way. I was pretty disappointed at the low number of Iraqis coming forward to register. Is it apathy? Is it fear? I dunno. I asked some people who I know didnt register, and all they gave me was a shrug of the shoulders and the words"why should we?". Why should you? Cuz its your country. Why should you? Cuz you can make a difference. Why should you? Cuz every voice counts. So Why Shouldnt You??? What is it that you will lose if you DID vote? Nothing.

This is the beginning of a new era for us. For the first time we are given a choice. For the first time there are names on the ballot papers,and not just the words "I agree" or "I disagree". The latter being the death sentence for anyone who ticked it. People shrugging their shoulders is just beyond me. And seriously I wouldnt blame any Iraqi living inside for not voting, cuz look at us, we the ones living in utter comfort and security have no interest, how about those who are suffering from lack of security, electricity and no damn water for a week. How about them??? They are the heros, the real heros for going out there, knowing that maybe the 30th will be their last day on this earth. They are the ones we should pray for their safety......

HUBBY wants to vote. But HUBBY is in the Green Zone, and I just heard a few days ago that IECI regulations states, that there wont be any polling center in the Green Zone cuz its somehow seen as an American habitat, hmm So I aint sure what HUBBY is gonna do. Him and his Iraqi Colleagues are adamant to vote. And surprise surprise we aint voting for the same party. Im trying to bribe him in every way possible for him to vote for my favourate but God what a stubborn person he is. So now we have made a bet, and umm I wont be going into the details of that YET......

I also need to find somewhere to book for HUBBY's next R&R, which was supposed to be in a weeks time but because of my work I asked HUBBY very very nicely to postpone it until the end of next month. Umm, I never ever thought that the day will come when I'll tell HUBBY "sorry hun,but am too busy to be with you",Yikes it sounds awful doesnt it? NOT,hehe. Let him suffer like he made me suffer. Wowww I just realised that today is our 9 month anniversary!!!! 9 months and only 36 days together, this is really beyond any doubt a "fantastic" marriage.......Dont you think???

Anyways, Im gonna make damn sure that by the first anniversary MR HUBBY will definitely have a far better plan for "our" future than he has Plans for Flying To The MOON.......


posted by neurotic_wife at 5:54 PM

11 Comments:

Happy Anniversary!
I also liked your description of your feelings as you registered to vote. I think that if things can settle down in Iraq so that peace, not mayhem, rules, Iraq can become THE great country of the Middle East. The people have the intelligence and the oil money to do it.
Good luck!

January 26, 2005 at 8:39 PM  

:)....
I am so happy to read that post that ur husband isn't voting for the party you are voting for ;).....
ma 3alamood shee bas u know why......
For all the readers here neuortic wife knows my opinion vote for 324.....to start a fresh secular democratic federal iraq free of people whose intersts are not in those of Iraq's. Itha ro7tee ila baghdad hamina itghayreen ra2yich bas mo mushkila...the beauty is the freedom of having the choice without a gun to ur head but as always in iraqi culture there are more followers than leaders and neuortic wife knows this probably better than i do with her latest adventures..... Thank her for her hard work and dedication... the team of Iraqis from top to bottom put in endless hours and dedication for a cause that some people in the West still talk about as illegitimate ......because the Iraqis voted for Saddam when IRaq was soverign right ;)...
take care of urself and best of luck

January 27, 2005 at 2:44 AM  

"I also need to find somewhere to book for HUBBY's next R&R, which was supposed to be in a weeks time but because of my work I asked HUBBY very very nicely to postpone "

You see, this is why giving women freedoms is dangerous, one job and she has already cast him aside like an old pair of shoes......

Cant wait to hear who you and Hubby voted for.
Stay safe

January 27, 2005 at 4:53 AM  

I'm so glad to hear from you again! It is nice to hear the enthusiasm in your writing for the election and it is the way I feel about it - I am very excited about your election. I don't know why people wouldn't want to vote maybe many different reasons. Fear? Cynicism? Exhaustion?

I know in my extended family several voters vote just to cancel out the vote of another member!

We will be watching. Congratulations to you. Thank you for working so hard for your country - it means a lot to us.

January 27, 2005 at 7:22 AM  

Hey there...I just wanted to pop in and say hello and Im glad to see your blog is still up :)

M
(la-vie-folle.diaryland.com)

January 27, 2005 at 9:04 PM  

Please post any comments you have about the election as soon as possible afterwards.

January 28, 2005 at 1:33 AM  

Dear NW, I am so happy you had a chance to work toward
getting the Iraqi elections available for the ex Pats.
A most importamt job, you are registered so all you have to do is vote. A Kurd Iraqi was the first to vote in Australia. May good leaders who truly love Iraq and her people be elected.

January 28, 2005 at 3:25 AM  

As you probably know, even most Americans don't vote (and we have nothing to fear). We're happy when the turnout is over 50%. Unfortunately, many people fail to understand the significance of voting and it's vital role in the course of Democracy and freedom.

Thankfully, you and I do. Perhaps that's why we enjoy spending our spare time blogging and educating those who may not fully understand the importance of some of the historical changes taking place.

Well, I'm glad you have some time off. Congratulations on your country's new road to freedom. I commend you for taking part in such a nobel cause.

God Bless,

Brittany

January 28, 2005 at 2:48 PM  

Hooray! I felt like that the very first time I cast a vote in an election. I'm happy to say I still feel that way every time I get an absentee ballot, too. Something about my voice counting in the governmental process is a subline feeling.

I'm very happy, and honored, to be only a tiny part in the re-birth of Iraq. You are the cradle of civilization and the peoples most befiting of freedom's blessings. Without the history of Iraq, and all her predecessesor states the US, and every other democracy on Earth, wouldn't have had a chance to exist.

May democracy long flurish in your home-land, and may you return to her as one of the Founding Mothers that you are, along with your husband and all his comrades that are Founding Fathers.

January 28, 2005 at 3:30 PM  

Your frequent use of "ain't" is very annoying.

January 31, 2005 at 11:27 PM  

To all mens fashion lovers out there READ my blog on where to buy the clothing at a reasonable price!

Read More!

1. Where to buy tuxedo PART 1

2. Where to buy tuxedo PART 2

June 13, 2011 at 4:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home