Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape neurotic Iraqi wife: Beauty Sleep....

neurotic Iraqi wife

October 05, 2004

Beauty Sleep....

Yaaaaaaaay, I have finally given up the title of "The most unuseful human roaming the world" today. What a relief, although abit disappointing since I thought I was gonna make it into the Guiness Book of Records, oh well, maybe some other lifetime...

The minute I received my Masters degree, I thought I was gonna start working immediately. Hmm, the immediately turned into a year. I then joined one of the Big 5 (the Big 4 now). It was so much fun, and my job wasnt one of those boring tedious tasks. On the contrary I was doing bits and pieces of everything. Feasibility studies, market research, forecasting and what have you. I loved it. It was only then that I discovered my hidden talents,lol. But sadly, I had to leave cuz I was relocating yet again. Almost all my life, I have packed and unpacked suitcases, until I became an expert in utilising every space and every corner. I started looking forward to even doing other people's baggage. Sad I know....

In any case, after leaving that wonderful job I struggled in finding a suitable one. My BOSS was so mean to me that he refused to refer me to the company in my new location. The reason being was "YOU HAVE TO FIX YOUR PRIVATE LIFE BEFORE CONCENTRATING ON YOUR CAREER". Hmmm, so very true, I guess he was so pissed off at me for giving in my resignation but I couldnt help it, there were circumstances far stronger than I was....

Relocating was ok, I got to do some temping in accounting firms, and then I joined one of the Opposition Groups to Saddam. After spending almost 2 years there, I began doing other things, like studying for further qualifications. God that was really tough, it was during the war, and my exams were end of May. It was the CFA(Chartered Financial Analyst) Level 1. Six bloody hours of gruelling questions, needless to say, I didnt actually study since I was too busy watching the news and having nervous breakdowns.....So I gave up on the idea, and spent god knows how many months doing nada and ofcourse falling utterly in love with my HUBBY.....

Then finally I came back here to be with my parents and got married....what a story, huh...I have only been in this country since Feb of this year. I had high hopes by finding jobs easily, but I was slapped in the face a couple of times cuz here if you dont know the BIG BOSS, or someone that knows the BIG BOSS, you end up in the slums. And frankly I didnt want my father to help me. I wanted to show him that I can do it ALONE....LMAO, fat chance. Me being the idealist wasnt helpful. Then out of the blue I heard about this project that some Iraqi people are trying to do, to sponsor an orphanage in Baghdad. Once I heard I jumped, and volunteered.

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaay, finally, Im gonna do something worthwhile. So today was my first day. Hence the delay in my post. I managed to post those photos during my lunch break. The lady that is an assistant, was glad I was there. But at first she got on my nerves. She was trying to teach me how to send a bloody email.OMG. I kept saying to her yeah I know how to do it. But she insisted on sitting next to me and giving me the names. At first I was patient, but then I couldnt. I would take one look at the paper she is holding and would write the email address in full, when she still is pronouncing the name S L O W L Y with 15 seconds break between each letter. I was gonna pull my hair. Then I told her, I think I can manage, so maybe you could do something else.

Another thing that annoyed me, was why is it people still think Im a student!!!!!Maybe its the way I dress(I literraly live in jeans). Cuz she was trying to converse with me by asking me how fun it is for me to start working just after I had graduated. I said "Umm, I have graduated with my Masters since 98. so thats 6 years already" She looked stunned and said"Oh wow, but you look sooooooooo young".In Iraqi she said"Fidwa illich hi ishgad isghayra itbayneen" (Sorry had to translate it). The story of my life, but hey I aint complaining,lol....

Then another lady comes in and says"Wowwww, congratulations, marriage really suits you, does marriage really make someone look pretty?" In Iraqi she said"Hi ishgad mihlawa, il zawaj heechee ihalee". Hmmm I was gonna say something like "what marriage?" But then I bit my tongue and smiled.....

I guess thats all for today.....For Now this Neurotic Wife needs her beauty sleep for work tomorrow, YIPPPEEEEEEEEEEE......

PS: When do people get the time to wash their HAIR and BLOW DRY IT???? while they are working???I couldnt remember how I used to manage before, but then again, my previous jobs were one shift, here its 2. I cant really do it in the morning cuz that means waking up like 2 hours before work, yuck....My hair is long and takes ages to dry....I guess it will have to wait until lunch break or even better, convert the office into a hair parlor,hehe......Any Ideas

PS(Take 2):Thanx for all your comments on the previous post, I will try to reply to them ASAP

PS(Take 3):HUBBY called me during my busy day and made me listen to a conversation he was having with the EVIL BIG BOSS....OMG, that man is really nasty, when HUBBY asked him why is he sidelining Iraqis, the EVIL one said "cuz I said so"....OMG the B******.I had my ears stuck to my mobile like a loony, until I felt them go red red red, but then the line just went bad and I had to hang up,darn
posted by neurotic_wife at 10:40 PM

5 Comments:

Could you...would it be possible to...by ANY chance be able to record a conversation like that? If so - go to the press baby!! It's time to out these people.

October 6, 2004 at 6:30 AM  

Congratulations on your job helping the orphanage. Don't worry about looking young, like a student. When you are old, and you look ten years younger and less wrinkled, you will be glad for your DNA! Also, I hope you are able to cherish every moment you get with your husband (and future children?). Really, good things happen so quickly, if you even blink, you'll miss it.

Kenjiro

October 6, 2004 at 4:15 PM  

مبروك علي الشغل الجديد

October 6, 2004 at 6:48 PM  

This comment has been removed by the author.

August 27, 2008 at 5:17 PM  

I do not know if you will get this comment given this post is over 3 years old (almost)...but I am curious to hear your insight on the process of getting your CFA and if you ever did go through with it.

I just started reading your blog from first post and do not know if you do talk about it later...but I am thinking of getting mine soon and would like to hear what my favorite Iraqiyah Blogger has to say about it.

August 27, 2008 at 5:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home