Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape neurotic Iraqi wife: A Comical Charade...

neurotic Iraqi wife

January 23, 2008

A Comical Charade...

Back in November I decided to take a long break from blogging. It just wasn’t doing anything for me anymore. Instead of feeling better and more relaxed after writing my ideas, opinions, and complaints, it aggravated me. Frustrated me. People put me down continuously, and although Im a fighter, I can only take that much before I explode. Unfortunately I did run out of steam and energy. My words weren’t making a difference. I was dumb to think I can change the world!!! But after two months of hiatus, I decided to come back. Hopefully this time the posts will be different. Just to recap what happened in the past 2 months of my life, here are some of the highlights which I will write in two parts.

Part I
Nov 17 – Dec 6:
Work was getting far more stressful and exhausting. Tension between some of the US govt Leads and program managers escalated to a new high. Nasty words were being exchanged across the room on many occasions which made all of us in the vicinity very uncomfortable. I just couldn’t wait to get away. Come December and I started getting myself ready to meeting HUBBY after the longest three months. From waxing to plucking to shaving to scrubbing to doing my nails. I felt like I was getting married again. A bride on the verge of meeting her husband for the very first time, lol.

Dec 7 – Dec 9:
The big day arrived and after a sleepless night of packing, I finally made it to the airport. BIAP was as always a packed place with people pushing and shoving trying to get in line. Unfortunately, all the RJ flights on the previous day were cancelled and so they had to place all those passengers on the flight I was booked on. I was extremely flustered and so not ready to wait for the next flight. Fortunately, having been through this havoc many times previously, I had made the decision of purchasing a business class ticket instead which kinda holds a better chance of a guaranteed place on the plane. Arrived in Amman, checked into the hotel and the waiting for HUBBY began. He was arriving a few hours after me. When I heard that familiar knock on the door, I jumped and ran to the door. It was extremely comforting to be once again in HUBBY’s arms. Felt like another honeymoon ;-) Next day we boarded the plane on our way to AD.

Arriving in Abu Dhabi was just bliss. I was finally home. My mom apparently spent days upon days cleaning and renovating our small shell of a flat. The minute we opened the door, our mouths fell agape. It was like entering into a completely different place. I felt as if I was on a home makeover show. I LOVED IT. My mom on the other hand had ulterior motives. She went through all that trouble so I wont ever go back to Baghdad again. She made the place homier, livelier. And honestly, I was really considering not going back. December 9 was my birthday. Best part of it was being with HUBBY and my family. As with every birthday, all the kids (nephews and niece) came over to help me out with blowing the candles. And ofcourse with all the frenzy and the kids’ spits from trying to blow away the continuous flaming candles, I still managed to make a wish.

Dec 10 – Dec 19
The fourteen hour flight to Australia began. Two hours into the flight, and 2 still nox tablets, HUBBY was fast asleep. I on the other hand, watched about 4 or 5 movies and had a minor panic attack due to my breathing problem. An hour or so before landing, HUBBY wakes up only to look at me and say “Wow, are we there already? I didn’t even feel a thing!” No kidding!!! And there I was, bloodshot eyes about to kill someone. Arriving into Sydney was a huge disappointment at first. Weather reminded me so much of London. Dark, gloomy, cold and rainy! I couldn’t believe my eyes. This is supposed to be summer time! The only long sleeve clothes I had, was the denim jacket I had on!!! This is NOT good.

Our hotel was situated in the Rocks area. First day we walked to pitt street and checked out the shopping. If anyone was looking at us with a telescope from the moon, he woulda seen 2 zombies walking aimlessly amongst the busy shoppers. I was so out of it. Next day we took a city tour and visited many of the famous landmarks. That same day, we managed to do the Sydney Harbour Bridge climb. The whole process took about three hours. It was an amazing experience. The weather was still bad though and I literally froze my ass ontop of that bridge. One important and extremely vital footnote that no one mentions to you before the climb is “AVOID walking AFTER climb. YOUR LEGS WILL KILL YOU”. Yup, and so for the next 2 days, my calves felt like a 2 ton rock. I couldn’t even lift my legs without flinching with pain.

The Blue Mountains was somehow a waste of time since the weather wasn’t being helpful. There was fog and rain everywhere. Miraculously though, the sun shined on us the next day. Yaaaaaaaaaaay. We took a ferry and visited the zoo. We also enjoyed a cup of coffee overlooking the harbour. It was beautiful. Ofcourse no visit to Sydney is worth it without visiting the Opera House. I fell in love with that structure. I fell more inlove after listening to the story behind it. Sadly though, we had to leave Sydney and head to Cairns.

The hotel was amazing over looking the pier. We managed to do everything on our agenda. Visited Port Douglas, HUBBY snorkeled in the most beautiful reef in the world. I just sat on the boat watching him. I would have gone down too if it wasn’t for my panic attack regarding my breathing problem that I have been suffering from. By the end of our trip we were so ready to go back to AD and just relax. The jet lag totally killed us in Australia. On several occasions, I would take the opportunity of lying in bed while HUBBY checks his work emails. He’d murmur something like “Cmon honey, lets go out for dinner”. My reply was always “Ok sweetie, lemme just finish watching the Simpsons and I will be ready to go”. Before the episode is even finished I’d be already in la la land while still wearing my jeans, jacket and socks. Any attempt from HUBBY to wake me up and help me out of my clothes resulted in a few kicks where it really hurts, hehe. Poor HUBBY, he had to learn the hard way in not messing with my precious sleep!!!

I will stop right here. Part two will follow in the next post. Before I go though, I wanna comment on the changing of the flag. Its totally ridiculous for the parliament to pass that law. Instead of wasting time and money on what colour should go where and what the stars should resemble, they should figure out how to protect the innocent people that are dying day in, day out. The flag wont protect the school children that are becoming a continuous target of death. The flag wont bring back electricity in this severe winter that we are witnessing. The flag should be the last thing on their darn agenda. But do they care? Does anyone care? Its going to be almost 5 years, 5 years, and the Parliamental Charade continues. And it is a Charade. A Comical Charade…
posted by neurotic_wife at 5:46 PM

35 Comments:

Hey girl, so you went to oz? I am glad you liked the Opera House, it is beautiful indeed. Well keep the posts coming, as I like to read what is going on in the life of a courageous woman, well educated and traveled and living in the hottest place on earth at the moment. cheers.

January 23, 2008 at 6:18 PM  

Welcome back NIW, glad to hear that you're ok. I expected that you went on R&R since it was the end of the year but the length of your absence from the "Blogosphere" made me (and a lot of your friends) a bit worried. حمد الله عالسلامة

Usama-Vancouver

January 24, 2008 at 1:58 AM  

ya hala wo ya marhaba!

January 24, 2008 at 1:59 AM  

Dear NIW,
I'm so glad you decided to start blogging again. I read your for the first in either September or October and check every other day for an update. I want to apologize to you for the ignorant humans who were so negative in their comments. I have been very interested in reading your blogs, being an American woman and reading your blogs gives me more info on what is really is going in Iraq. Our government likes to make it out like they are doing the Iraqi People some kind of huge favor. Believe me,when I say that most average everyday Americans do not agree with what our government is doing there. And I agree the flag is not as important as human lives. Things like that happen here everyday. We hear more on the news about what is going on in Britney Spears or Paris Hilton's life than we do about Iraq. Or thr rest of the world. I personally don't think that the lives of celebrities should be more impotant than world issues. Like I said, glad to have you back I look forward to reading your future blogs. kaydi96@hotmail.com

January 24, 2008 at 2:01 AM  

HELLO LUV ;GREAT READING YOUR ACCOUNT & ILLUSTRATION OF THE JOURNEY DOWN-UNDER OOOOH DINCUMS-DINKUMS O´L SPORT -BRUCE;??! THE GOOD O´L JIGGARROOO THE OPERA HOUSE IS LOVELY THOUGH SORRY TO READ THAT THE CLIMATE DECIDED PUTTING ON COOLBREEZES & THE GREY SKIES OF OUR ISLES; GREAT BRITAIN ;STILL YOU SEEMED TO ENJOY IT ON THE WHOLE !ANY THOUGHTS OF EVER SETTLING THERE??THE GOVT.CHARADE 5 YEARS OF A JOKE ?& MAYHEM & LOSS OF LIFE IS IN A MAIN PART DUE TO INTERESTS DELEGATED TO PUPPET OFFICIALS CLAIMING TO BE PART OF THE GOVT. THERE RECIEVING THIER DIRECTIVES FROM THE AXIS OF EVIL TO THE EAST & CREATING OBSTACLES TO SETTLE THE LAND & THE PENINNSULA IN GENERAL IN MOVING FORTH TO BUILD A SEMI-UAE-DUBAI-&FREE LIFESTYLE FOR ALL TO ENJOY A GOOD STANDARD OF LIVING;ALL OF WHICH IS HINDERED UNFORTUNATELY ?NEUROTICA DARLING YOU ARE ONE OF THE FEW PEOPLE ABLE TO TELL IT LIKE IT IS "5 YEARS OF A CHARADE PUPPET AXIS OF EVIL GOVT.???!!!SADLY!!??GREAT HAVING YOU BACK AT THE HELM MAYBE YOU COULD INSPIRE THOUSANDS TO MOVE AGAINST SUCH A CHARADE OF A GOVT. luv ALL THE VERY BEST & KINDEST OF REGARDS CHEERS WWW.BFBS.COM Olaff

January 24, 2008 at 3:24 AM  

Neurotica,

Thanks for the post. I always enjoy your viewpoint.

Dwitt

January 24, 2008 at 3:53 AM  

Hello

I am a Metis from Canada. I really have enjoyed reading your blog for quite sometime. Don't worry about all the mean people who post comments, the World is full of them. But there are also those of us, who enjoy your straight from the hip shooting of facts you see.

January 24, 2008 at 5:15 AM  

Welcome back, NW! I've checked your space at least every 2-3 days and was getting 'concerned.' As to reaction to any negative posts, it's easy for us to say 'ignore them' but I know it's a no-win situation for you. You give us your honest thoughts and reactions. The least we can do is say 'thank you' - or simply ignore you. The fact that we're here is a tribute. I welcome your return.
Sign me just a Texas fan.

January 24, 2008 at 5:50 AM  

Thanx to all of you. I do apologize for not writing, but I think I was in dire need of a break.
Kalipaus,Thank You. OZ Land was just beautiful, if it wasnt so far away, I would have definitely considered living there.

Usama, Happy New Year!Thanks for your concern. Im back, and hopefully I wont let anything deter me this time!

Buj!!!!!!!!!!!!Hey, did you visit il Emarat this Xmas? It was amazing, the whole place seemed very festive especially with the Eid. AD is changing dramatically!But I hope it wont reach Dubai's state...I prefer the quiet, family atmosphere of AD...

Hi Kathy, funny you say that about your news. I guess, us being here, we wanna know whats going on with the celebrities ;-). I know exactly what you mean about the media, but then again, too much bad news just makes you lose hope. In the 2 month period that I stopped blogging, I also stopped watching news believe it or not. I was fed up and depressed. And I think it did me good to get out of that negative atmosphere.

Olaff, it is a charade and it will continue to be one!Im not sure when will the outside influences stop. Its not only Iran thats meddling in our business, there are many who dont wanna see a settled Iraq...

Thanx Dwitt, Anon and my Texas fan (I never knew I had one) :-)

Anon,

January 24, 2008 at 7:06 AM  

I thought you were dead!!!

I already tried to figure out when you had died and what had killed you.

Anyway, it is very very very nice to have you back!!!

January 24, 2008 at 9:31 AM  

Hi Neurotica

So good to have you back blogging again. But how come you came this far south and didn't visit little ol' New Zealand!

Glad you had such a long break and a special time with hubby. Will be looking forward to episode 2!

The flag? What is it with politicians...it is a constant debate here whether to change the flag or not. What's the point? When everyone knows which flag represents which country and changing it only confuses the rest ot the world. And so many bigger things remain left unsolved.

January 24, 2008 at 10:02 AM  

hala ya neurotica!
yes i was there for xmas.. i visited AD and Dubai.. it was super.. of course Dubai is crazy and AD is calm.. i much enjoyed my stay in AD.. and prayed in the new Zayed mosque.. beautiful stuff.
peace always.

January 24, 2008 at 10:51 AM  

This comment has been removed by the author.

January 25, 2008 at 3:39 AM  

rTime (7:50:40 PM): euphoria for the brainless
rTime (7:50:59 PM): the emotionally distanced
ATime (7:51:05 PM): gllmonex?
rTime (7:51:11 PM): I THINK
rTime (7:51:15 PM): hold on
ATime (7:51:26 PM): GLEEMONEX
ATime (7:51:31 PM): from brian candy you tard
rTime (7:51:44 PM): yeah
rTime (7:52:31 PM): like all the products I ship at work with mexican slave laborers suffering from skin cancer
rTime (7:52:46 PM): Zoo Candy
rTime (7:52:52 PM): Like Kanye West
rTime (7:52:56 PM): Zoo Candy
rTime (7:53:22 PM): When you feed Zoo Animals Candy, What Happens Kanye?
rTime (7:53:35 PM): They go mainstream right?
rTime (7:53:59 PM): The Luck Dragon from the Never Ending High Schol
rTime (7:54:04 PM): *School
rTime (7:54:54 PM): Kanye the Luck Dragon, Helping no one and watching cancer form on the brains of the addicted
rTime (7:55:54 PM): What is Healthy and what is safe and how different are we
rTime (7:56:30 PM): we all reside within emotive parallels within extremes
rTime (7:58:38 PM): dude they got a picture in here of the American President on his Knees like an Altar Boy under a Priest
rTime (7:58:53 PM): the Priest is the King of Saudi Arabia
rTime (7:59:25 PM): ATime STime with a head dress
rTime (8:01:02 PM): Imagine ... ATime STime in a Head Dress with his hand on a Kneeling George Bush's Bald Head
AdebisiNEEDStits (8:01:14 PM): i odnt want to
ritrate (8:01:46 PM): Wheres MTime?
AdebisiNEEDStits (8:02:02 PM): dTime
AdebisiNEEDStits (8:02:06 PM): i think
ritrate (8:02:07 PM): Where?
AdebisiNEEDStits (8:02:09 PM): oTime tomorrow
AdebisiNEEDStits (8:02:12 PM): i guess
AdebisiNEEDStits (8:02:17 PM): who cares?
ritrate (8:03:57 PM): Facts- Not necessary for pre-war intelligence

January 25, 2008 4:39 AM

January 25, 2008 at 3:50 AM  

Welcome back, Neurotica. I, too, was worried about your extended absence and had been checking your site daily. It's good to hear from you again.

January 25, 2008 at 4:42 AM  

Sharks are the last bits of solitude our Earth holds absolute in referential dependency. The only comfort we have as adults are the time honored winds of connected species. When the nature of chaos is relevant in wisdom shared in childhood games... In the wisdom of profit... the hardest work was not putting those toys away, it was the turmoil felt playing with them. If money can turn a Man into a Shark then our solitude bound in the permanence of our inorganic environment... Children are the only people working on this planet.
...We could trust and identify with nature..... You're leading me to believe we are not surviving in an Immortal state of bio-chemical stasis and it is actually 2008? Evolution is for Babies. Repeat after me, "We are living in Bio-Chemical Stasis." Can we keep Dogs? Because you all are rolling in your vomit babies. *SLAM*

January 25, 2008 at 6:45 AM  

NIW,

Glad to see you back. Some vacations require a vacation from the vacation, no? I spent 3 weeks in Florida in December and was so glad I still had 2 weeks of recovery before returning to school. We drove from New Mexico. The drive home took FOREVER! I'm sure once clinicals start, I'll wish I were still on the road...oh well.

Always,
Melanie

January 25, 2008 at 7:36 AM  

Hi NIW, i am so glad to read your blogs again. i was really worried on you. Next time you decide to come to UAE, if want, let me know and i will invite and you and your HUBBY (i am very goood in making Iraqi Masgoof fish).

January 25, 2008 at 6:23 PM  

yummy masgoof.. yum yum
can you make masgoof with stuff other than fish?
btw, i had to wait 3 hrs for the masgoof to be ready at al bait al baghdaadi in dubai.. and it was worth it, the best fish dish in the world!

January 25, 2008 at 6:30 PM  

""MASGOOFF-PAAACHAA-Q7QUUOOOOOOOOOZIII&KUBBUTT-H7AAAMUTH-SHALG7AAM-KUBBAATT-H7ALABB-GAYMAR&DIBBISS for breakfast:TIMMAN WA MARGA BAMYA ;SHINNEEEENA TO DRINK SUMMERTIME :ABYATH WA BEATH -BEYTH?!BAAAGGILLLAA -KAABBAAABB-WA SUMMMAGG ALL THIS & MORE ON 194fm my good friend says ALL THE BEST M´E O´L MATES OH & IS IT A FACT THAT THE BEST ICE CREAM HAD BEEN SOLD AT AN ICE CREAM SHOP IN "SAAAH-7AAAATTT--AL TAH7REER;&OR THE MIRJAAN BLD. 3iMMMAARAAT MIRJAAN "AL-H7ALABI ICE CREAM OR SOMETHING LIKE THAT???HHHMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

January 26, 2008 at 3:05 AM  

All I can say NIW is,"OMG it took that many relatives to blow out your birthday candles!!??" ( Solo ducking thrown objects) :D Welcome back, Solo

January 26, 2008 at 2:12 PM  

Hey NIW, I think you're being a little pesimistic about the flag. All those problems you listed that they should be working on aren't going to be fixed quickly. That's just reality. But, I believe that a simple flag could speed up the process, if unity is achieved.

John: "Do not be over righteous, niether be overwise-why destroy yourself?"

January 27, 2008 at 3:27 AM  

Hey Buj, last week i had Masgoof at Samad Rest in Dubai......... u should also try it.

January 27, 2008 at 10:22 PM  

QUESTION IS?????????DO THEY DO ALSO PREPARE !!ALL THE OTHER DISHES MENTIONED;EARLIER BESIDES JUST MAASGOOFF FROM "ABU-NAWAAAS" ST "SHAARI3-ABU-NAWWAAAAAS" PLUS BAAAGGILLAA & SHALG3AAM? ALL THE KUBBA SORTS & MARGA & DTHOULMA & HARREEEESSA & SMEEED ????MY FRIEND SAYS???& OR SHOULD I SAY ASKS???

January 28, 2008 at 3:23 AM  

John: "Do not be over righteous, niether be overwise-why destroy yourself?" - Julie

I'm just rewriting her posts in different words. Adaptive communication provides a contingency for reproach. Limiting volatile complex with a Ping-Pong styled assortment of meaning maintaining the readers focus. A focus'd reader progresses in thoughts rather then in action and in that respect less children are left dead in the school yard... No matter what Betsy Ross wants there favorite colors to be. Even if Betsy Ross plays dumb while nerves twist into bloodshed that could be prevented. Comparison yields understanding. If you are playing dumb in order to test an unreasoning hypothesis can I be angry when the Wicked Procreate? Unless emotions make you feel powerful? Maybe you could destroy a Thanksgiving dinner for a euphoric High... or something? Fiends are irresponsible. Bottom line.

January 28, 2008 at 4:02 AM  

salaam Alaa, thanks for that!
where is this restaurant? I'll definitely try it next time.. is it better than al bait al baghdadi? is that even remotely possible?!?1

January 28, 2008 at 10:10 AM  

Hey NW,

Just curious. When the Lancet Report came out in 10/2006 you expressed misgivings about it. However you said:
"I am absolutely outraged at the outpour of people disputing these numbers!!! I mean extremely disgusted. I dont care who committed these crimes, but the numbers are correct."

Now that the report has been exposed as bunk, do have a different perspective on those who denounced it?

January 28, 2008 at 10:17 PM  

Welcome back, NIW!

January 29, 2008 at 1:41 AM  

HOW ABOUT!!?? THE OTHER LISTED DISHES ARE THEY A REGULAR FEATURE ON THE REGIONAL-ARABIAN-IRAQI-PENNINSULA-MENU-TABLE OFFERED AT THE"BAIT AL-BAG3DAAADI" REST. & OTHER VENUES& ;??!!OUT & ABOUT ALONG THE GOURMET TRAIL INCL.THE DESRT PUDDING "DATE-DESERT" KLAIEEEETCHAA" & H7AALLAWAT-TAMMUR" AN OILY RATHER HEAVY DELICIOUS DATE PUDDING MY FRIEND RECALLS ????!!ARE THERE LOADS OF RESTS. OFFERING ALL THIS & MORE ALONG THE DELIGHTFUL TASTEBUDS TRAIL???!!

January 29, 2008 at 2:51 AM  

Welcome back Sis.

We missed you and missed your wonderful blog.

What you had before was great. We are looking forward to the 'new' Neurotica blog.

Don't let anyone get you down Sis. You are swimming against the current, but still moving ahead.
Keep up the good work.

Welcome back again.

Sam

January 29, 2008 at 3:08 AM  

Dear Buj, it near Al Bait Al BAghdadi, but this is in Rigga Rd.

Olaff, i do not think so bro. these dishes only Baghdad. Now where else in the world you can find such food..... man, i miss it.

January 29, 2008 at 10:04 PM  

HELLO M´E OL MATES NEUROTICA ;ALAA;MY FRIEND ALSO ASKS IF ANY ONE HAS TASTED A CRUMPET LIKE-BISCUIT CALLED "SHAKKAR -LAMA"???HE SAYS IT TASTES DELICIOUS & SCRUMMTIOUS & MUCH HEAVIER IN CALORIES THAN JUST CRUNCHING DIGESTIVES -HOBNOBS???!!!SSSSSOOOOOOOO"SHAKAR -LAMA"ANYONE????WHO´S FOR IT???-:)HHHHMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

January 30, 2008 at 4:00 AM  

Olaff, I love shakar Lama!!!Its sooooo yum!!! Thats it, IM gonna ask someone to get for me from the red zone...
Lol Alaa, it seems everyone is hungry!!Yella khala9 next time we are in AD, HUBBY and I will do a trip to Dubai and we will meet up, what do you say? Maybe BuJ will be there too???
Thanx Sam for your words of encouragement. I need that!!!Rhuslancia, Thanx!!!
CMAR, I think this needs a full post, maybe next time? But I still have the same opinion regardless of who and what did the study!!!Im here, I see and I hear from the real people!!!
No Julie, you dont understand. It starts with a flag, and god knows what else...Unity is not a piece of history, unity comes from within people, real people, intelligent people who want only good things for the people.
Lol Solo, can you imagine?
Lol Melanie, so true, I needed a vacation after our Aussie one!!!
Thanx to you Megan, Beams and German. Im sorry, I guess next time I will write a small note saying Im ok. Didnt really think anyone cared ;-)

January 30, 2008 at 7:09 PM  

hello hello ya 3alaaa2.. الله يرضى عليك
i will definitely check this place called Al Samad :-)

neurotic.. thanks for your kind words.. and yes I'd be up to meeting with the dear iraqi community.. if things go my way inshalla I will be stationed in AD full-time in a year or less :)

January 30, 2008 at 11:28 PM  

NEUROTICA LOOOOOOOOLLUV IF YOU HAVE A DELIVERY OF "SHAKAR -LAMA" MAYBE YOU COULD E:-MAIL A SMPLE TASTER TO ME & OR DATE PUDDING & DATE PASTRY KLAIEECHA" & A SWEET THAT´S QUITE OILY MADE OUT OF SOME SEED "& CALLED H7ALLAWA" white round " IN A TIN ROUNDED CONTAINER MY FRIEND SAYS THESE ARE ALL DELICIOUS??!!HHHHHMMMMMMMMMMMHE SAID HE BOUGHT THE H7ALAAWAA" IN TURKEY ;GREECE;LEBANON;SYRIA & JORDAN?? HHHMMMM AS I NEED TO SHED A STONE & OR 12LBS. IT´S PROBABLY JUST AS WELL THAT IT´S BEYOND MY BEING ABLE TO PUT M´E MITTS ROUND THESE FINGER LICKING SWEETS MY FRIEND ??WELL HE´S JUST LUCKY TO ROAM AROUND & TASTE ALL THESE GOODIES MIND YOU IT ´S NOT THE BEST THING FOR KEEPING SLIM & FIT BUT HEY -:)WHEN YOU´RE IN THE MOOD JUST MUNCH AS MY FRIEND SAYS" YA MA´WAAD- MINNOOOO-ABU-BAAAACHIR-:)ALL THE BEST TO ONE & ALL MATEYS:)KINDEST REGARDS TO OUR LOVELY NEUROTICA:)WWW.bfbs.com OLAFF CHEERS LUV

January 31, 2008 at 4:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home