Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape neurotic Iraqi wife: Fantasies.......

neurotic Iraqi wife

October 08, 2004

Fantasies.......

Today is Friday. In most Middle Eastern countries Friday is a day off, its just like Sunday. After having my usual yummy food for brain(cig and coffee), I surfed the net for an hour, read some news and some interesting blogs then felt utterly weird. Weird cuz I aint at work, so I said to hell with it, Im going. I need to finish some things before that assistant comes and spoils everything I am doing.

As I was leaving the house, my mother calls my name. I answer her that Im in a hurry cuz I need to go to the "Office". Out of no where I hear a shriek that probably damaged my ear drums(my mom is very famous for her "voice"). Oh god I said to myself, what now???She came to me and said what office???Its Friday. I said,yeah mom I know its Friday, but I need to go to the office, I have things to do. She gave me that "look" which she also is famous for. Then she went on saying"you need to eat, you cant just go like this, who did I make this food for?".I was running out of patience and said "mom listen I aint hungry and the less you talk to me about eating the faster I will get there, get my work done and come back, so see you later." And off I went.

To be honest with you, there wasnt anything urgent to do, but I guess I just wanted to do something. I come from a family where my dad is a workaholic, and I guess all of us follow his example. Maybe its a challenge, you know, like who can work harder???Who can hack the longer hours???We all tend to do that, and by we I mean my siblings. Theres a saying in Iraqi "loo 6ukha loo iksir mukha" which literally translates into u either just touch him, or smash his brains, theres no other thing in between. And that is what Im known for, Im an extremist in everything, there's no grey in my dictionary....

So off I went to the office, I was given the key by one of the guys who work there, cuz since the first day I started, I would stay way after the office hours, and I dont think he was used to that. The poor man, he probably was thinking to himself"Oh god this woman is gonna drive me crazy, I better give her the damn key and run for my life"LMAO.

Now dressing for the office I woulda thought wasnt really difficult, but I thought wrong. Our house is like a freezer with the damn AC on, and that place is like Alaska, where my hair flies from the AC bluster. The outside temperature is like 38 C which is I presume 107 F I aint sure. So you can imagine me dressed up in jeans, a pullover and a pashmina in the middle of bloody summer. And it still is summer here, infact its always summer here, if we get rain then thats a miracle. It never snows here, and you never see autumn leaves. Aha yup thats right, we have summer all year round, and I Love it, That was one of the main reasons why I left London, I couldnt get used to the miserable weather, and I lived there for 11 years. The last few years though we actually started getting the winter season here, where the breeze gets chilly, but people still put the bloody AC on.

So in anycase, as I was concentrating deeply into my tasks, my mom calls. Umm yeah mom, is there anything?. No, she says, I just wanna know when will you be coming so you can eat?.Umm mom, I just left the house 2 hours ago, and I aint hungry and Im in the middle of something. Two hours later, she calls again, and the next 2 hours she calls yet again. Then I get a call from my dad, who tells me that I have to go and eat. OMG, OMG, OMG. I AINT HUNGRY PEOPLE!!!!!!!.

So after 7 hours of being in the office, I decided to head home. As I get in, surprise surprise, who greets me, but my mom and the food tray.Loooooooooool. Then she goes on giving me a lecture about how unhealthy it is to work so many hours, blah blah blah. I heard all she had to say then I looked at her and asked her"Mom, werent you the one who used to nag me day and night to find a job????werent you the one who would nag me day and night to go out of the house cuz I was turning into a hermit???So mom please, dont nag me now, Im tired". Then she replied with that Iraqi expression I wrote earlier.

Mom used to always always complain about me sitting I dont know how many hours infront of my laptop. She used to say "I swear one day Im gonna throw this internet away, you have become anti social, this is a sickness, you are living unhealthily". Mom calls any computer "the internet",lol.....So I would correct her and say mom you mean the laptop, she would just click her tongue and say its all the same this is a sickness, its all your dad's fault for getting it for you, blah blah blah.(I swear am laughing my head off now just remembering her tone of voice and her face expression).

Oh and ofcourse, how can I forget, HUBBY calls me as well, while I was at work and starts talking about his "fantasies". Umm HUBBY, Im very glad you are opening up to me, but Im in the middle of something. Why do men always choose the wrong moment to say or do things, I still havent figured it out. Fantasies???Fantasies, HUBBY???Now????When Im reading about delegations coming from abroad and looking at their passport photos???Oh god, what timing....But then again, it was a great break, and I went along happily with HUBBY's umm "fantasies"....

I was watching TV just before I started the post, and there it was the news about Bigley. Then afterwards the wedding in falluja that was bombed, and ofcourse Aljazeera tv had a feast by showing us the dead bodies from under the rubble, then the bombing in Egypt's Sinai. Its all about people getting killed, people geting bombed. It just is soooooooo depressing. I needed to get away, So I came to my room, my hideout place, and sat here writing this post. Infront of the "Internet"hehe.

And then Im gonna take my mind far far away where only HUBBY's "Fantasies" exist, maybe just maybe, I can make some sense of those strange and intriguing so called "Fantasies".........

PS: That Iraqi widow's money is ready now, hopefully by tomorrow or the day after we will find out the fate of her daughters. I really wish that they are alive, I hope it wasnt too late...
posted by neurotic_wife at 11:54 PM

1 Comments:

hello nw,
i am glad hubby called..
i love your site and you!!! i think you are funny
as hell(not to be mean,just a saying).
i am so glad i found iraqthemodel and many other
sites like yours....i am glad that INSANE man is
sitting in a jail.....
i am soooooooo glad you all have a sense of humor
after what alot of people have gone through.
i wish that you would turn a few of the palaces into
hotels someday.i am starting to see like you,post
many pictures of your country...they are great!!!!
but when i saw burger king,just be careful about
fast food,only go so often,or i can see in about 10-15
years some will blame us for you people getting fat.
bwahahahahahaha
take care gal!!!!
my email is
andymidwest@yahoo.com

andrea/minnesota

October 9, 2004 at 3:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home