Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape neurotic Iraqi wife: Hubby Arrived

neurotic Iraqi wife

August 25, 2004

Hubby Arrived

Hubby arrived safely to Baghdad, but here I am sulking miserably. His R&R is over and I'll have to wait for another 3 months to see him again. Life really aint fair. I think I'm on the verge of a nervous breakdown and that is why I wanted to start blogging. Its a way to vent out my fears, anger and frustration on mere mortals like me.

The situation in Iraq is not getting better, infact its getting far worse especially with that lunatic Muqtada, hey maybe lunacy is after all contagious, can someone tell me the statistics of lunatic people in the world today? And if you do know a site, maybe I can add myself to the ever rising numbers.

I really am in need of help, I just got married last April and hubby decided to go to Iraq inorder to "rebuild the country", a phrase I am starting to hate. I was scared to ask the question which is important, me or the country since knowing that the inevitable answer will just break my heart.

Ofcourse I want my country to be peaceful again, ofcourse I want my people to live happily ever after but being human I am also selfish cause I too wanna live a happy married life, a life that is stable, a life that is devoid of phonecalls everyday making sure that hubby is safe and well and has survived the mortar attacks or the RPG's. Is that too much to ask? Am I being a bad human being for wanting to live with my husband and build a life and a family?I dont know anymore...

Help me.....
posted by neurotic_wife at 5:51 PM

4 Comments:

Hey, i know this comment is two years later, but I just saw your blog today. I'm kinda living the same life you are, except that I am not Iraqi, I am not in the Green Zone, and I am not living away from husband (though I see that you are together now).

I'm living with my Iraqi ex-pat husband, who is also here to 'rebuild his country,' in the Red Zone. Life is extremely difficult for me, having grown up in the States, but I can't imagine life without the hubby. I do take trips back home every summer, without hubby, and its a great breather from life in Baghdad, but I know that I can't live like that, away from hubby, forever. Its a definite conundrum!

April 27, 2006 at 6:08 PM  

Hey N I W!!
I discovered your blog too two years later and decided to startfrom the very beginning and catch up on whats been going on in your life.

If I may add, you've got a great blog and following here.

October 12, 2006 at 9:35 PM  

hello there,

i'm just so curious to ask if this picture is real.. is it??

January 25, 2008 at 12:52 AM  

You've been blogging a long time. It must be helping, you don't sound as "neurotic" as you did in 2004. Or your words are better able to hide it. Or the world has changed since then, and being neurotic is almost normal.

April 19, 2008 at 9:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home